Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ears!

As most of you know by now, Morgan had tubes put in her ears yesterday. Since I blogged about Jace's experience, I feel like I need to do the same for her! With having done this whole procedure just a few weeks ago, we felt a little more at ease this time! We arrived at the hospital once again at 6:30. Granny again stayed over with Jace so we didn't have to disturb them getting up so early. (Thanks again Granny!) They took us right in and we got settled in the Pre-Op area. Morgan was a little more compliant with the hospital gown than Jace was! They came in and gave her a sedative (mild Valium) to relax her. After about 15 minutes she started getting loopy! She would be really quiet, then just start laughing. It was pretty funny. She was really taking in everything. The hospital is really bustling at 6:30 in the morning! The anesthesiologist came in and talked to us for a little while then the doctor came and made sure we didn't have any questions. Then, the same nurse that took Jace in, Kristi, was also with Morgan! She came and got her and took her back. She was able to take her blankie and passy so she was okay. Josh and I were so much more relaxed this go-around. I guess that's not a good thing to get "relaxed" around hospitals! We then went back to the lobby and waited for about 20-30 minutes, then she was done! We went back to see her and she was NOT happy. Morgan NEVER cries, so to hear her pretty upset was really a change. There were about 4 other kids getting procedures done that morning and they were all in the Post-Op about the same time, so it was really LOUD in there to say the least! They assured us that was completely normal as they come out of the anesthesia. It has to be an awful feeling to not know what's going on. She wanted some juice so the nurse brought her 2 cups of apple juice and she guzzled those down quickly. We then were discharged and on our way home! Mom wanted to stop at Starbucks (isn't that pitiful...my daughter is screaming her head off from surgery and I want to stop in for an iced chai!). I needed my caffeine for the day...I sensed it would be a long one. We got home and I rocked her for about an hour, all the while she is downing MY iced chai...should have sprung for the Venti and not the Grande...she ended up drinking most of it. After an hour the anesthesia started to wear off and she was getting back to her normal self. I asked her if she wanted a banana and she said yes, so I knew we were back in business. Daddy brought her a banana milkshake from Sonic for lunch and she was so funny with it. It was clearly HERS and she wasn't sharing! She was quite proud of her own Sonic drink. After two 3-hour naps yesterday she is back to her happy normal self, minus the fluid in her ears that has been there since November! Hopefully now we can move on and be DONE with hospitals for a very long time.

1 comment:

Momma said...

Iced chai? A girl after my own heart. Make that TWO girls after my own heart! I'm so glad Mo is doing well!