Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow...."


Yes, the old song from "Annie". I had to blog about it since the Worley family (adults!) all went to see "Annie" at the Spencer Theater last night. It was WONDERFUL! The Spencer is a really nice theater out in the middle of nowhere near Ruidoso, NM. This little trip was a Christmas gift from my in-laws. We all piled into a rented mini-van to head to the mountains...our family is getting too big to just take a car these days! We ate at our favorite restaurant in Ruidoso called Casablanca. It is real, authentic New Mexican food. Since I am from Texas, I pride myself in being a so-called connoisseur of Mexican food (judged strictly on the quality of the chips and salsa and tortillas), but for those of you who don't know, Tex-Mex (as in Pappasito's) is far different from the real thing, as in New Mexican Mexican food. Casablanca far surpasses the test as it was SO GOOD. If you are ever there make sure you try the fried green chili strips. Yeah...you can feel your arteries clogging as you eat them but they are SO YUMMY! We all rolled out of there stuffed! Anyway, we head to the theater to see "Annie". It was a lot like the movie, just a few different details. I was a little disappointed initially because the girl that played Annie didn't have curly hair. She however turned out to be a really good little actress. The lady that played Miss Hanagan was also very good. I was such an "Annie" fan when I was little. I had the record that I would play over and over again on my Fisher-Price record player.
Anyway, we got home a little after midnight. It was a much-needed night away from parental responsibilities...it's nice to have a little adult-time every once in a while. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I remember getting all dressed up every year to go see the Nutcracker at the Houston Ballet and various TUTS performances at the Music Hall. However, seeing all the little girls dressed to the nines in their frilly dresses and shoes made me long for the day when we get to experience that kind of thing with Morgan (and Jace, although I can't picture him getting as excited about it!). Anywho, it was a fun night. Thanks Mike & Pam for such a wonderful gift! And who ever said there was nothing to do in New Mexico?!?!?!

No comments: