Saturday, January 9, 2010

Teriffic Two and Sappy Mama

Soooo...my daughter ironically gave me a gift on her birthday. Morgan woke up at 3:00 in the morning on her birthday. My parents are getting ready to leave to go home and Morgan is beside herself sad. She gets out of bed (she can now climb out of her crib...began doing that right before Christmas) and runs to my mom wanting to rock. She NEVER does that! So, mom puts her back to bed and they leave around 3:30. Right as they shut the garage she comes out again, crying her little heart out. Makes me so sad. It's her party and she can cry if she wants to, right?? I ask her if she wants me to rock and she says yes. So we grab a blanket and off we go to the recliner.

It's just she and I, by ourselves, together. I'm rocking and singing, just sitting in the dark with my big 2-year old, thinking, "How in the world can she be 2? I just gave birth yesterday. SERIOUSLY!!" It was about 20 minutes into our time together that I realize she has fallen asleep. In my arms. She NEVER does that, either!! I was so tired at that point but I couldn't bring myself to go put her into bed. It was one of those "Mommy Moments" that I will never forget. My sweet daughter, at two years old, who never sits still, letting me hold her like a baby as she sleeps in my arms. It was a precious, precious moment. At that point I just started thanking God for her and praying over her. Praying protection. Wisdom. Favor. Love. Happiness. Blessings. And anything and everything that I could possibly think of. It was a surreal moment with God and with Morgan. I will never forget it as long as I live.

We then had a rough night from there on out, with many trips between her room and ours. At one point I was actually in the crib with her! As you can probably tell, that didn't last long, and I finally gave in and took her to our bed with me. When I woke up on Sunday morning she was laying across my legs on top of the covers at the foot of the bed. And somehow a little boy crept in there, too! So there we were, our family of four, that had been together for exactly two years that morning.

Like I said before, it was a moment I will never forget!

Morgan, at 2:
We call you: Little Missy. Mo-Mo. Morganann. Sissy.
You love macaroni and cheese, pizza, and juice.
You love to read books.
You have just begun to crawl out of your crib.
You wake up at the first sign of the sun. *SIGH*
You call Jace "Bubba" or "Bubby".
My most favorite phrase: "Yuh you, Mama." (Love you, Mama.)
You love to put your babies to bed in Bubba's room when he's at school.
You love picking up Bubba and when he gets in the car you always say, "Hi Bubby".
When you hear Daddy open the garage you say, "Daddy's home!" and run to the door.
You love to pray (with help!) at dinner.
You love going to church and do GREAT in your class.
You just promoted to the 2/3 year old room!
You love "helping" me put on my make-up.
You love wearing bows and don't mind me doing your hair.

I know I'm leaving so much out and could babble on for hours, but you are truly a gift from Heaven that God has blessed me and Daddy with. Our family is complete because of you.

Happy 2, little one!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Okay, I don't cry much but I had tears reading the second paragraph! I'm already having a hard time with Ethan turning 2 and we still have 2 months! Ethan doesn't sit still either or fall asleep in my arms so to have that happen would definitely be a gift! Loved this blog and happy (late) birthday to Morgan!!