Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow Ice Cream



Today we woke up to the most beautiful snow, and it hasn't stopped all day! I love snowy days. It's just a time to cuddle up inside and enjoy being together without all the distractions of the world weighing us down.

Jace still had to go to school, but the minute he got home we were all back in our pajamas ready to hunker down for the day.

We decided to make snow ice cream. Now, being from Texas, I had never heard of such a thing until I married into a family that was used to snow! I searched the internet and found this recipe. Enjoy!!

My sous chefs (aren't they cute??)


16 cups (1 gallon) fresh snow (I used just a bit more)
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk (this was just a bit much, a little less would be better)

Collect fresh, clean snow in a large bowl. (Check out those sweet hands!!)


Stir in sugar...


...and vanilla to taste...


...then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency.



Mix it up!


Serve at once. ENJOY!


No comments: