I don't ever want to be the kind of mom that is jumping for joy at the start of school. To me, that sends a message to your kids that you are glad that they won't be around during the day. Sure, every Mom has their day, and I definitely have mine! But, I LOVE my kids and think they are pretty cool and I like being around them. Plus, the first day of school is a sign that, yet again, they are getting bigger and growing up and there is absolutely nothing, as a parent, that we can do about it!
However, on the bright side, starting school is also the start of many cool things in the future. The learning is limitless. New friends will be made. Sports will be starting in a couple of months. What fun! As an old chapter folds, a new one opens and we are excited to see what God has in store for our son.
So, off my soapbox and onto our day. He was so excited to get dressed this morning because he got new rocket underwear and couldn't wait to wear them! He told me as we were getting dressed, "Mom, I am really going to miss you when I'm at school." Oh, I had to leave the room! I did not want him to see me cry. So, we then took a marathon of pics and a video (soon to follow) and loaded up the car.
We got to school and took pictures in front of the building. I hope to continue this tradition! He then went onto class where his best friend Ava was already there. We are so blessed that they are in the same class. I think it gives them a sense of security that the other one is there. They have to wear uniforms and all the little ones looked so cute! His teacher, Mrs. Pack, was there to greet each kid with a hug. What a blessing she is already! So, we took more pics then it was time to go. Ava's mom had already left the room and Ava came up to me and said, "Hey Brandy, I think my mom is crying out there in the hall." Too cute! She was really concerned about her mom. I assured both of them that we were okay and that they were going to have a wonderful day.
All the parents were gathered out in the lobby with their kleenexes and cameras. So, it was then official, the first day of school was underway. Jill and I then went to Starbucks and cried. Literally.
We are so excited to be apart of the Gateway family. Fun times are ahead and we know that Jace is right where God wants him to be. We are blessed beyond measure to be able to send our son to a Christian school where he will be educated both academically and spiritually.
I just wish I could hold on a little longer.
Jace and Ava on their daddies' shoulders last night

First Day of School pic

In front of the school

Best buds

Jace and Mrs. Pack, his first teacher!

They have their own desks!

The class coming out to meet their mommies!
3 comments:
Okay Brandy, you now have me in tears! What a fun day for Jace though! Did he have any good stories about his day?
Yes, he loved RECESS!!! Is he not his father's child or what????
What an exciting, emotional day!! I can't believe Jace is already starting school. The last few years have flown by!
Post a Comment