"This is awarded to the student who cooperates with his teacher and classmates, has a desire to learn and help, and has tried their best this 9-week period. This is not just an award for academic excellence. Jace has worked hard at reaching his potential, and it is truly a joy to have him at our school."
What a joy this is for a parent to hear. Josh said it best today when he said that this makes all those what-in-the-world-are-we-doing-wrong-and-will-he-ever-make-it-to-the-preteen-years-alive days worth it! It makes us so proud to know that he is applying what we have taught him to an environment outside of our home and away from mom and dad. He is a joy everyday and we thank God continually for the blessing of our little boy.
The funniest (or saddest, depending on how you look at it!) part of the day was that all the students who received the award got to go to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch. I told Jace that I would meet him there and he, very politely, said, "Mom, I want to go by myself with the other kids." WHAT????
"Ok Jace, I'll pick you up at Peter Piper at 12:30." "Mom, I want to ride back to the school with the other kids." Ok, I don't like where this is going. "So, you're saying you don't want me to go and just pick you up at the school when you're done??" "Yes ma'am. I don't want you to go." OH MY WORD. It is starting. Kind of broke my heart a little!!!!
Anyway, Peter Piper or not, we are still so proud of him. CONGRATULATIONS JACER!!!
Getting his award on stage

Showing off his certificate

His cheering section!
Morgan and Ava
No comments:
Post a Comment